Friday, October 5, 2012

A dying man's request

Please take me to the window though my eyes are getting dim
I want to look for Jesus 'cause I've got some faith in Him

I want to see His blazing eyes inset in radiant skin
with flowing hair that shimmers from the fire He has within

I want to see His brilliant horse as it gallops through the sky
with Jesus riding on it's back together do they fly!

I want to see His robe of white as it dazzles in the sun
see it flowing out behind him as the horse begins to run

I want to see the secret name Jesus has across His thigh
my poor old eyes will strain to read it in the moment that I die

Put me by that window for my hearing's not so well
When I see my Jesus coming I want to hear what He will tell

Though His visage is like lightning His voice will sound so sweet
He will call my name softly and I'll stand up on my feet

Then my body will go weightless as I leave this world of care
He will swoop me up upon his horse, no saddle- we ride it bare!

I will wrap my arms around him and embrace his warm strong chest
we'll fly through countless galaxies not till Heaven do we rest

So doctor stop the morphine I want my mind to clear
when my Jesus comes to get me I want to know when he is near

I heard the doctor talking to the nurses in the hall
how the old man in this room isn't doing well at all

Then my family came to see me for one final tearful look
and it's got me thinking strongly of the things in God's good book

Please move me to the window cause this earth is getting dim
I want to see my Jesus I just want to be with Him

2 comments: