Sunday, September 17, 2023

Voices from the junkyard

 

Trees! you give them an inch and they take a mile!


I'm a Jeep!  Jeeps don't belong in junkyards!


So he says to me "I'm taking you to a car show" Does this look like a car show?


Heh, heh, come on man, take me home, I'll be good!



I swear Henry, if you tell me that story one more time about how you beat a Studebaker Hawk back in '62, I will jump in the crusher!

Oh sooo many miles!  I just need to rest my weary frame on this tree for a little while then I will be ready to go.

                Tailfins! yes tailfins! that's why I'm here, he said he didn't like my tailfins anymore!

Fame! Fortune! I tell you I had it all!  I was running with the Jet Set then someone slipped a little Ethyl in my tank.  Man did I fly!  I wanted more and more until I was guzzling Ethyl by the tankful.  Pretty soon the pistons cracked then the valves went, after I blew out both mufflers I was towed here in disgrace.  I could have been a show car! now look at me- oh what a world.


So I does all dis work all my life see?  Den I have a little engin trouble and whamo! they sticks me in here.  Some gwaditude huh?


When I got here I had a few dings, I admit it, but just look at me now!  The bums who work here are the worst!


Oof! Oof! I've been pushing on this tree for years, one of these days it's going down and I'm driving right outta here!

2 comments:

  1. These are pretty neat pictures Dad! It feels strange to think these cars were probably there when us kids were running around in the woods at the house on Central. Whenever I'd get close enough to the junkyard to see cars through the trees, I was pretty sure I was way too many miles away from the house and I started imagining how I could survive in the woods in case I couldn't find my way back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos, Dad. It's nice to see these cars get a little of their dignity back by having a few last words.

    ReplyDelete