Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's happening to me?

Today I painted the garage doors and I don't know what's happening to me, I used to be such a careful painter, now I'm terrible, I slop paint on places it doesn't belong and when the paint in the roller pan skimmed over in the hot sun, I just kept on painting and didn't even care. What's up with that?
I was planning to submit my painting job for the Andrew McCann Seal of Approval. I figured he could inspect it when he came to Daniel's open house, but now I'm thinking of uninviting him to the open house.
Then there is the problem of the color, I really wanted some manly forest green type color to go with the roof, but decided that would be too much dark so I picked a lighter green. Then went even a little lighter just to be safe. Now I have this pale mint green that just makes me feel queasy when I look at it. It doesn't go at all with the roof. I had my doubts but they were confirmed when Debby Tilton trotted over to tell me that she liked the color. Now I know I painted it some sissy color.
But here again, I'm too complacent to get more paint and do it again. I'm hoping the color will grow on me, or the sun will change it to another color I like better.
Is this old age setting in? I just don't know.

2 comments:

  1. If I see prunes in the refrigerator, I'm going to start getting concerned

    ReplyDelete